Senior Manager Digital Development in Scottsdale, AZ
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
Republic Services is developing, growing and expanding and is focused on building innovative technology platforms. The technology transformation at Republic Services is happening right now, and we are seeking the brightest and most talented Information Technology professionals to lead the way in this transformation. We seek enthusiastic individuals who are excited about transforming the way we utilize technology in our industry. Your technical expertise and creativity is the key to ensuring that we build the best technology solutions resulting in a superior experience for our customers and employees.
The Senior Manager, Digital Development plays a critical role in the analysis, design, development, maintenance, operation and continued improvement of the portfolio of customer facing applications for Web and Mobile. The Senior Manager, Digital Development manages the staff that maintains and enhances our external digital presence, in the form of responsive websites and mobile applications, which directly impact our ability to provide a world-class customer experience. The Senior Manager, Digital Development also directly participates in defining solutions for difficult business problems with various stakeholder groups. This position also supports major development projects and provides key input regarding decisions around system reliability, staffing needs, and long term total cost of ownership to support ongoing improvements to our technology portfolio due to the dynamic needs of our customers and our business. The Senior Manager, Digital Development is also responsible for improving our current support model and focusing on making our customer applications more resilient.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Provides strategic direction for all relevant technology efforts.
- Manages competing priorities, workloads and activities to achieve multiple project objectives that meet end-user requirements.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships and partnerships with key business stakeholders.
- Actively manages the evolution of Digital Content Management Development as well as the Web and Mobile CMS components.
- Stays current on software development techniques and recommends improvements in support of application development efforts.
- Oversees and participates in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Plans and manages budgets, forecasts, projects and associated staffing requirements.
- Ensures that service delivery meets agreed-to service levels. Diagnoses service delivery problems to identify actions required to maintain or improve levels of service.
- Develops strong relationships with key vendors providing components of the department’s services.
- Responsible for the hiring, promotion, associate performance evaluation, training, motivation, counseling, and discipline of employees.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience. (Required)
- Minimum of 5 years of information systems management experience. (Required)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing large, high volume, mission critical systems and support teams through all phases of the technology lifecycle from initial deployment through retirement. (Required)
- Experience managing multiple teams comprised of offshore, nearshore, and local members.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS or Heroku.
- Experience managing systems in a hybrid environment of Premise and SaaS.
- Experience supporting complex systems with significant integration points and external Third Party systems through APIs.
- Thorough understanding and proven delivery experience with both traditional and Agile (Scrum/Kanban) project methodologies
- Experience with Agile tools such as Rally and Confluence
- Experience managing native Mobile Application development & support teams.
- Experience with highly transactional, e-Commerce websites.
- Experience with Enterprise Content Management Systems (e.g. Drupal), workflows, and templating.
- Experience with DevOps practices including Continuous Integration/Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with building applications using open source technologies such as: Angluar, Node, Bootstrap
- Experience building and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Experience with AB Testing frameworks
- Experience with Session Reply tools (TeaLeaf), Analytics (Adobe Omniture), and other monitoring tools such as Splunk
- Experience utilizing Content Delivery Networks for performance caching and security (e.g. Akamai)
- Familiar with OWASP Secure Coding Practices
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).