Java Developer - Applications in Scottsdale, AZ
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Java Developer – Applications will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of software components that enhance or extend the reach of Ariba based systems. Specific projects involved might include developing object models, application logic and user interfaces to support new cost saving business processes or procurement requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Configures and maintains all software modules associated within Ariba as well as various other web based business applications
- Contributes to designs, implementations and maintains Ariba based software components as well as various other web based business applications
- Contributes to promotion of software code changes from the development environment to the production environment
- Supports 3rd level user help desk calls
- Builds a technical understanding of how the business operates – departmental structure, functions, processes, procedures and current application functionality
- Works in partnership with key Republic IT personnel, identify potential ways of improving the efficiency and/or effectiveness of current business operations
- Develops specified solutions in accordance with approved specifications
- Adheres to established standards and procedures (SDLC and change management procedures), including configuration management, design, coding, testing and documentation standards
- Provides ongoing maintenance of systems technical documentation
- Plans, tests, and executes deployment of Code and maintenance files
- Performs other job related duties as assigned or apparent
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in object-oriented programming and proficiency with the following tools or languages:
- Java and related components and frameworks;
- Web service protocols such as Spring, Hibernate, JPA, Maven;
- Application servers such as Tomcat;
- Unit test frameworks such as JUnit;
- Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins; and/or
- Source code control tools such as Git or GitHub
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with RDBMS.
- Experience with cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services and Azure
- Experience writing efficient SQL.
- Hands-on experience developing Java Message Services (JMS) using Java or another object orient languages
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts by designing and developing with abstraction, loose coupling, and cohesion in mind
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Thorough understanding and proven delivery experience within a Scrum/agile project lifecycle approach to software development
- Experience with Agile tools such as RallyDev
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).