Manager Strategy & Transformation in Phoenix, AZ
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Manager, Strategy & Transformation works with functional leaders to plan and support the execution of strategic initiatives and drive change across the organization. This position is also responsible for discovering, documenting, and supporting the design of effective processes, procedures, and methods that underpin the strategic direction set by departmental leaders. The Manager, Strategy & Transformation is also responsible for communicating closely with cross-functional leaders to ensure projects and initiatives have required support and resources.
Key areas of focus will include performance improvement, project planning and management, financial and operational analysis, market and industry research, and change management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Supports Business Transformation team and functional owners in the identification, development and execution of strategic actions, including solicitation and alignment of organizational input, project planning, assessment of financial and operational impact, and implementation support.
- Works closely with cross-functional leaders to find solutions to the Company’s toughest issues and provides internal consulting support for evaluation and implementation across the organization.
- Works collaboratively to support decision-making and process documentation, while helping to ensure the goals of departmental initiatives are met.
- Assesses impact, resource requirements, and interdependencies of strategic initiatives across the organization to balance priorities and resources.
- Conducts research and analysis supporting the development and ongoing assessment of long-term strategic positioning of the Company, including but not limited to industry research, market analysis, competitive intelligence, risk assessment, profitability analysis, and financial modeling.
- Presents recommendations, both written and verbal, to key stakeholders.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, or other similar, relevant discipline.
- Top tier strategy consulting experience or similar general management training.
- Experience in waste, recycling, transportation, or other heavy industrial environments.
- A strong value system with impeccable integrity.
- Excellent financial analysis skills, with an ability to anticipate potential issues and propose mitigation plans.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Familiarity with change management principles and methodologies.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- High energy and enthusiasm with a passion for learning.
- Hands-on, results-oriented and pragmatic.
- Creative, flexible, able to work in a fast-paced, complex, and dynamic work environment.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent presentation skills and the ability to adapt to differing audiences.
- Excellent listening skills with a strong ability to build cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and changing priorities with limited supervision.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).