Manager Area Fleet Equipment - RIES in Houston, TX
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Area Manager, Fleet and Equipment primarily focuses on building expertise within the Fleet and Equipment maintenance roles in all of the trucking and post collection divisions within the Area. The Area Manager, Fleet and Equipment supervises a variety of roles and assists in the selection and education of field maintenance personnel to ensure execution and durability of standards, processes and practices surrounding the One Fleet maintenance program(s). The Area Manager, Fleet and Equipment plays an essential role in building the capability of the field maintenance teams to consistently execute on business plans and budgets year after year while ensuring all equipment is maintained to our One Fleet standard for safe and efficient operations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Directly manages the Fleet and Equipment maintenance process across Energy and Industrial Services including providing direct management support to local teams.
- Assists in the creation, development and implementation of the Company operations strategy and other Company-wide initiatives.
- Collaborates on, aids establishment of and supports compliance with Company standards and Best Management Operating procedures and processes.
- Listens, evaluates, and counsels Supervisors, Maintenance Personnel, and General Managers in setting priorities and goals in support of the Fleet and Equipment maintenance process.
- Focuses on developing and implementing maintenance activities, processes, and best practices for the Energy Services and Industrial business.
- Ensures implementation and execution of standards, processes and practices surrounding the Republic maintenance program.
- Deploys Company-wide standard processes, tools, and technologies throughout the Area via communication, facilitation, training and other methods.
- Ensures Division personnel are trained in all aspects of Company equipment, policies, procedures and safety standards and actively champions and gives clear participatory support to all Republic Safety programs and Safe Operating practices at all times. Supports and ensures safety initiatives and compliance.
- Participates in Operating Reviews and the annual budget processes.
- Assists with development and education of maintenance talent and works with management to hire, train, mentor, develop and assess staff needs.
- Assists management in analyzing, evaluating, projecting and recommending capital requirements and allocation of assets.
- Identifies, diagnoses and performs root-cause analysis of issues and performance improvements of underperforming Divisions assisting in the development and rollout of plans to improve their maintenance performance. Provides targeted expertise to lead on-site activities to address cultural, process or operational challenges.
- Works with Corporate maintenance staff to develop and maintain short and long-term strategic management objectives and priorities; participates on Corporate cross-functional committees to ensure end-to-end collaboration to maintain policies, best practices, equipment specifications, and performance metrics for maintenance.
- This position may require travel by air, car and/or other modes of transportation up to 70% of the time.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated fleet management and/or vehicle (asset) maintenance experience. (Required.)
- Experience working with heavy-duty diesel, alternative fuel and/or hydraulic equipment. (Required.)
- Bachelor’s degree with focus in Business, Finance or related field.
- Certified Automotive Fleet Manager (CAFM) fleet industry designation.
- Prior experience in a lead role with responsibility for the implementation and successful performance of business plans, strategic projects or initiatives, including the development and adherence to project plans and budgets.
- Experience in an area support role in a large enterprise.
- Experience in the maintenance of small and large fleets.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).