Industrial Client Service Manager in Houston, TX
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Industrial Client Service Manager provides direct support and leadership to the industrial client service team(s) to ensure the timely and effective application of Republic’s Industrial Services client service processes and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Hires, trains, mentors, develops, schedules work, directs, manages performance and performs other responsibilities related to the management of industrial client service staff.
- Manages processes and procedures to drive operational excellence for all touch points in the customer experience including customer inquiries, problem resolution, securing price increases, selling new accounts, and retaining existing accounts for all lines of industrial services business.
- Defines expectations for service teams regarding service level goals, individual and team performance goals, quality assurance targets and productivity levels. Leads and motivates the team to meet those service goals accordingly.
- Meets periodically with direct reports to review performance, identify any issues and set expectations of goals.
- Drives performance results by managing process improvements, team quality, and productivity standards and metrics. Monitors, evaluates and analyzes metrics relating to productivity and profitability to ensure operating requirements and corporate objectives are met, including quality assurance evaluations, metrics reports, and dashboards for the industrial client service team.
- Directs actions necessary to achieve service level and performance goals.
- Forecasts demands utilizing historical information and current industry trends to anticipate internal and external customer requirements and provides guidelines to ensure continuous improvements.
- Builds strong relationships and provides client service expertise to support functional counterparts within the industrial services team. Works closely with division, area, or
- corporate personnel to evaluate changes in business processes/procedures and implement appropriate action plans.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts meetings and presentations to discuss operational procedures, reports and interprets information for all levels of the organization and participates actively in ongoing training to the team as needed.
- Maintains and delivers accurate, timely and effective reporting and analysis of client service metrics and activities.
- Partners with operations and sales teams after identifying specific client service issues/trends; implements appropriate action plans to address.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. (Required.)
- Minimum of 5 years of customer service or sales experience including experience in a role that handles customer inquiries, sells or up-sells products and services, and is accountable for problem resolution success. (Required.)
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong process and project management skills or certification.
- Previous waste industry experience.
- English/Spanish bilingual.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).