Benefits Administrator in Phoenix, AZ
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Benefits Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Company’s Health & Welfare and Wellness programs. The position acts as a resource for Health & Welfare and Wellness record-keepers & administrators, employees, field personnel and payroll to help resolve issues with a high level of customer service.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Responsible for day-to-day administrative functions related to the Health & Welfare and Wellness programs including handling phone inquiries, weekly payroll file processing, wire requests, account reconciliations, benefit deduction research and adjustments, assist in preparation of communication materials and maintenance of web portals, wellness strategy and planning. This includes running ad hoc reports, analyzing data to ensure compliance, and testing and correcting system inaccuracies.
- Conducts detailed research and data analysis on various plan issues and employee issues.
- Maintains currency with state and federal laws effecting Health & Welfare plans and Wellness programs. Assesses change in the legal environment to understand the impact on the current company policies and procedures and makes recommendations to ensure compliance as appropriate.
- Provides support to develop and deliver employee communications; including vendor communications.
- Maintains relationships with vendors to ensure their level of service is delivered to the Company’s expectations. As required, meets with vendors.
- Facilitates problem escalations and either resolves them or escalates them to the appropriate level for resolution.
- Coordinates information gathering for annual audits, valuations, compliance testing, government filings, benefit committee meetings and other duties related to health & welfare plan and wellness program administration.
- Provides support to the field organization. Presents employee benefit educational material to employees, including during new acquisitions, and interprets the difference between the Company and union benefit plans. Resolves issues and builds field relationships.
- Assists benefits department with maintenance and tracking of all legally required documentation in accordance with IRS/DOL requirements, including timely distribution to employees.
- Administers and tracks the requirements for all collective bargaining agreement benefit language.
- Assists in the processing and administration of life insurance claims.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience related to benefit plan administration, including health & welfare plans and wellness programs (required).
- HRIS and Payroll system knowledge (required).
- Benefits certification such as CEBS, ASPPA or equivalent.
- Experience with collectively bargained benefit plans.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).