Senior Business Analyst - HR Systems in Phoenix, AZ
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Senior Business Analyst, Human Resources Systems is responsible for analyzing the needs of the various functional business areas within Republic Services and recommending best fit system solutions or procedures to their client community. The Senior Business Analyst, HR Systems is a liaison between Human Resources and the technical teams. This position ensures that scope of work requested to enhance or modify existing application processes are clearly documented, communicated and validated. The Senior Business Analyst, HR Systems works closely with technical teams and/or outside vendors to design, develop, document and test solutions that meets the business requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Serves as the primary liaison and point of contact between Human Resources, IT/vendor technical teams, and other cross functional business areas for software development and enhancement projects.
- Coordinates functional requirement gathering from applicable business stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Performs research and analysis for proposed projects in order to determine feasibility and presents findings to management.
- Assists others with creation of the value proposition (ROI) for proposed projects.
- Maintains a system enhancement request database and coordinates the related application enhancement release schedule.
- Works jointly with management to create detailed project work plans.
- Creates detailed documentation of functional, system (non-functional), user and reporting requirements that may include but is not limited to: Use Cases, Logical Models, Process Flow Diagrams, Report Specifications and Data Mapping & Flow Diagrams.
- Coordinates status meetings and produces progress reports.
- Responsible for knowledge transfer to other team members or the support team.
- Maintains and builds working relationships with software application vendors.
- Manages projects, follows up with stake holders, tasks owners for deliverables and holds them accountable for deliverables.
- Supports the creation test scripts and coordinates testing for enhancements and projects.
- Hosts project status meetings and sends out meeting notes with action items and next steps.
- Provides support to functional and user acceptance testing groups.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, IT , Management or related field (required).
- Minimum of 5 years of job experience in a business or technical analysis role (required).
- Minimum of 1 year project management/coordination tracking, and organizing business analysis documentation for projects (required).
- Experience using Structured Query Language (SQL) for data analysis.
- Experience with human resources and information technology.
- Business Analysis or Project Management Professional certification.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent to work on most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Understanding of system modeling using standards such as UML.
- Strong analytical skills and creative thinking abilities.
- Ability to project plan, monitor and implement projects in timely and cost effective methods.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).