Associate Proposal Pricing Analyst-Broker Management in Phoenix, AZ
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Associate Proposal Pricing Analyst performs pricing and analyses required to manage the overall transactional process related to the organization’s broker portfolio. The Associate Proposal Pricing Analyst will collaborate with various departments, including but not limited to, Sales, Field Operations, and Billing as necessary to compile information and develop responses, reports and other work product deliverables.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Prepares less complex responses and analyses necessary for permanent and temporary requests for proposal (RFP), service changes, agent validations, billing changes and cancellations primarily for the Broker Management team, with occasional support as required for large campaigns and projects
- Creates and maintains ad hoc data management tools using MS Excel and MS Access for internal and external use
- Performs audits and analysis ensuring back office and field operations efforts are completed effectively and timely in response to requests for new service, change of service/billing or cancellation
- Develops project plans, maintains key project performance indicators, initiates/manages the implementation and ensures completion of projects with various teams throughout the Company.
- Provides information and acts as a resource to internal and external customers as needed regarding processes, initiatives and policy
- Researches and analyzes data; determines current and historic service levels to support proposal efforts for existing and prospective locations.
- Calculates profitability and revenue utilizing established Excel based and other Company standard templates or models and compiles customer response worksheets.
- Prepares accurate and competitive price or cost estimates, presents rationale for business decision, considering viability of revenue and cost proposal, and obtains necessary review by key management personnel.
- Ensures accuracy and consistency by collaborating with other departments and/or the customer to reconcile missing and/or inconsistent data.
- Evaluates performance and effectiveness of pricing tools and documents, and makes recommendations for modifications
- Reviews calendar of necessary dates to ensure timely submission of work product, reporting and projects in coordination with management
- Provides support and coverage for department team members.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years of related financial, accounting, marketing, proposal development, or estimating experience.
- Experience using analytical skills requiring a keen attention to detail.
- Experience using Excel at an intermediate to advanced skill level.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).