Maintenance Shop Lead Mechanic in Rock Hill, SC
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN CHARLOTTE, NC
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
Under general supervision, the Maintenance Shop Lead Mechanic maintains and repairs a variety of equipment, including diesel engines, heavy trucks, pumping equipment and other oil field related equipment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to complete routine forms.
• Basic math and computer skills.
• Ability to define problems, establish facts and help draw valid conclusions.
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• High school diploma or GED. • Technical school certificate • Valid commercial driver’s license. • Certified to perform DOT state inspections. • Welding experience.
• Maintains, diagnoses and repairs a variety of equipment, including diesel engines, transmissions, drive train components, winches, high pressure pumps, centrifugal pumps, sand conveyor systems, air compressors, microprocessor controls, electro-mechanical equipment, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, mobile/overhead cranes, wellhead attachments and pressure equipment, gearboxes, PTOs, generators, chemical metering systems, 12/24v electrical systems, equipment cabs and controls, chassis and suspension, rims, tires and wheels, forklifts, A/C systems, trailers (i.e., tankers, roll-off, flatbed, etc.), and a variety of other energy services equipment.
• Creates work orders and enters data into garage management system.
• Ensures duties are performed in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
• Serves as a recognized expert in maintenance processes, procedures and functions.
• Trains and mentors new employees.
• Assists and directs the daily work of mechanics and other maintenance employees.
• Guides team members and ensures that they are following proper safety and work procedures.
• Leads a 10-15 minute tailgate meeting with all team members at the beginning of work shifts.
• Attends all required safety meetings and conducts all business activities in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Valid driver’s license
• Minimum of 3 years of experience maintaining and repairing a variety of equipment, including diesel engines, heavy trucks, pumping equipment and/or other oil field related equipment.
• Minimum of 1 year of lead or supervisor experience.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.