Customer Service Representative - Call Center $14-15hr in Indianapolis, IN
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
With appropriate knowledge of the Company’s services and processes the Customer Resource Associate works under the direct supervision of the Customer Resource Supervisor in a Customer Resource Center to deliver the highest level of quality service to our customers. The Customer Resource Associate receives and responds to customer calls, inquiries, requests and complaints, which may require research and investigation to reach resolution; and delivers superior customer service in a prompt, respectful and courteous manner to ensure customer concerns are resolved.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
- Good communication skills; able to effectively communicate to all levels of management and customers.
- Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
- Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals.
- Trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- High energy, friendly and engaging.
- Excellent service orientation; actively looks for ways to help people.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Waste or service industry experience.
- Experience using bilingual skills, particularly Spanish, in a business environment
- Successfully completes training to become knowledgeable about the waste services industry and Republic Services’ processes, services and policies.
- Responds in a timely and accurate manner to customer service calls, ensuring that service issues and concerns are treated in a respectful and professional manner.
- Effectively responds to routine issues regarding residential and commercial service matters, which may involve outbound calls and other communications to resolve service inquiries and equipment issues.
- Returns all internal and external calls, emails and faxes in a timely manner to ensure that customers’ concerns are understood, addressed and resolved in an efficient and complete manner.
- Receives and reviews individual performance metric reports and action plans with manager to understand individual performance.
- Enters service data into computer.
- Logs information about customer service interactions into systems; updates information in a timely and accurate manner in order for associates to able to track service inquiries and resolution.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two months experience in a high volume call center or customer service environment.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).