Area Residential Sales Manager in Berwyn, PA
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Residential Sales Manager plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities of the sales function in order to maximize sales volumes and revenue for the division(s).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Assists Area Director, Sales Managers, and General Manager(s) in developing and implementing comprehensive business strategies and marketing plans to achieve division or business unit growth objectives.
- Coordinates projects with Division Sales Manager(s).
- Responsible and accountable for OM residential revenue management including new and lost business goals
- Manages the Area residential contract renewal process, including: increasing the secure rate, transitioning to digital storage, and facilitating/coordinating all contract resign programs.
- Works with Division Sales Managers to develop proactive and reactive customer communication strategies.
- Directs a staff of seasonal/temporary sales personnel (both internal/external) for door to door retention and growth campaigns.
- Provides assistance to sales reps in soliciting new customers, preparing bids, and customer retention strategies for specific HOAs.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, product line, and pricing structure.
- Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and responds accordingly.
- Implements Company mandated price increases in conjunction with the Area Sales Director and Revenue Management Analyst.
- Participates in Company-sponsored activities as required. Attends community functions to promote company services.
- Completes all required sales reports in a timely fashion.
- Continues sales and industry training.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- High School diploma or GED. (Required.)
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in a sales management role that includes experience managing other sales personnel, and experience developing comprehensive sales strategies, business and sales plans. (Required.)
- Valid driver’s license. (Required.)
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Prior waste industry or service industry experience.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).