Customer Resource Supervisor in Charlotte, NC
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
With general direction from the Customer Resource Center (CRC) Senior Manager, the CRC Supervisor supervises customer service representatives, utilizing a hands-on approach to ensure consistent and effective delivery of customer service activities. The CRC Supervisor may act as manager on duty in the absence of other managerial personnel, when needed, to provide management support and handle urgent matters at the CRC.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Effective leadership skills with demonstrated excellence in motivating, developing and retaining frontline employees in a collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and accomplish objectives to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, highly structured environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills to effectively respond to and resolve internal and external customer service requests and issues.
- Successful sales experience and strong closing skills.
- Ability to foster a customer service and sales attitude with team members while maintaining a positive working relationship between employees and peers.
- Ability to model and promote ethical behavior.
- Ability to extrapolate from historical data and current events to anticipate business needs and plan accordingly.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Supervises Customer Service Representatives performing customer service activities including responding to service inquiries, retaining existing accounts and resolving problems.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, coaching, and performance management of Customer Service Representatives.
- Manages performance as appropriate and ensures accurate processing of employee payroll.
- Conducts side-by-side observations and quality assurance reviews to ensure quality customer interactions and productivity procedures are followed.
- Coaches and develops team members in soft skills and account management skills including, but not limited to, probing, closing, supporting, mirroring, voice inflection, benefit/value statements, active listening and call control techniques.
- Responds in a professional and courteous manner to escalated customer service concerns in order to reach an effective resolution. This may entail coordinating with, and working through, other departments, including Sales, Operations and Accounting, to resolve issues.
- Manages support functions for the team, ensuring access to systems such as Salesforce, the Cisco telephone system and other systems required to achieve targets/goals.
- Monitors and assesses the department’s operational performance and trends to adjust activities as appropriate.
- Based on current and historical data, ensures the most efficient use of labor while balancing quality levels of customer service.
- Analyzes and understands customer needs based on customer feedback, call monitoring and various information sources. Uses information received to make recommendations to support business goals.
- Provides back-up support to the CRC to respond to calls during staffing shortages, high volume activity or as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, Sales or Marketing.
- Prior experience within Republic Services.
- Waste industry knowledge.
- Are you bi-lingual in English and Spanish?
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 3 years of customer service call center experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience or experience in a lead role.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).