Senior Analyst Data Governance in Scottsdale, AZ
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
Want to effect real, tangible change at a Fortune 500 company? Republic Services is undergoing a Company-wide transformation, making major investments in our technology platforms, and defying conventional thinking on competition in the Waste & Recycling Services industry. We are looking for the best and brightest to join us in changing the way we engage and serve our customers. We seek enthusiastic individuals who are excited about working in a fast, dynamic environment and want to be meaningful contributors in our rapid technology evolution. The Senior Data Governance Analyst at Republic Services plays a critical role in technology updates, business process improvement, project delivery, data quality and standardization of data and processes. The Senior Data Governance Analyst serves as a key leader in technical solution development and facilitation of cross-functional business collaboration; and acts as leader in business strategy development, driving business owners in strategic enterprise initiatives. The Senior Data Governance Analyst will work with large amounts of data spanning across multiple systems and must have the ability to synthesize data, interpret relationships, define impacts, and suggest process or procedure improvements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Serves as the primary point of contact between the Data Governance team and assigned functional business stakeholders for data quality, data security, data privacy, standardization, data dictionary, meta data management, and business glossary needs.
- Promotes partnership with business stakeholders for data governance roadmap and activities
- Monitors and reports on data governance metrics and activities using Qlik dashboards and Microsoft Business Intelligence stack.
- Defines data quality standards, business rules and exception feedback loops using Informatica suite of tools. Ensures data is complaint with defined quality requirements.
- Gathers data requirements, and develops business glossaries and data dictionaries.
- Manages adherence to data governance policies and procedures, drive improvement, and provide training and mentorship.
- Participates in change management activities required to fix data quality and process issues.
- Monitors data quality trends for key data assets, and device plans to improve data quality.
- Creates detailed documentation of functional, system, user and reporting requirements, including Use Cases, Logical Models, Process Flow Diagrams, Report Specifications and Data Mapping & Flow Diagrams.
- Leverages RSG data profiling, scorecard and dashboard tools, such as Informatica Data Quality toolset, Qlik or comparable tools, to interpret data, identify trends, and develop conclusive recommendations based on findings.
- Teams with peers to advance data management principles across the enterprise. Focus on data quality dimensions: Integrity, Completeness, Accuracy, Timeliness, Currency, Lineage, Uniqueness and Conformity.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with other teams across Information Technology to facilitate development of cross-functional software deliveries.
- Leads and/or collaborates in strategic planning and process & procedure enhancement efforts.
- Collaborates with business and IT stewards in building business glossary, term definition and reference data, leveraging the RSG Informatica Business Glossary, Metadata Manager, Enterprise Data Catalog or comparable tools.
- Acts in a project management role for key projects. Verse in Project Planning tools and PPM processes.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Engineering, or related field. (Required)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with at least two of the following: data quality, meta data management, master data management, data modeling, process design and Data Governance (Required)
- Minimum of 1 year project management/coordination tracking.
- Minimum of 1 year of organizing business documentation for projects.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with 3 or more of the following Informatica suite of products (Required):
- Data Quality
- Metadata Manager
- Informatica Cloud
- Business Glossary
- Master Data Management
- Minimum of 1 year experience developing dashboards and reports using Qlik and Microsoft BI stack
- Minimum 2 year of experience applying data architectures and data management principles to solution building
- Minimum 1 year of experience with algorithms and scripting using SQL, Python, and R (Required)
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with multi-Terabyte complex Data Warehouses
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).