Manager, Total Rewards in Phoenix, AZ
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Manager, Total Rewards manages and administers company-wide employee benefits and compensation programs. This includes but is not limited to supporting the HR leadership in the development of benefits & compensation program strategies that support employee attraction and retention while effectively managing fiscal resources.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Manages and directs the administration of certain employee benefit programs such as medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flexible spending plans, life insurance plans, and disability and wellness programs.
- Assists in the administration of company-wide executive compensation, long-term incentive and equity programs for eligible employees.
- Assists in the preparation of the Proxy Statement such as populating compensation-related disclosures & tables, assisting in document tie-out and researching new proxy-related disclosures.
- Partners with the Senior Manager, Total Rewards and other senior leaders to prepare materials for presentations for executive management and board of directors.
- Works closely with Total Rewards leadership to establish annual benefits budget, track, analyze and report on monthly spend.
- Develops a benefits communication strategy and executes to effectively relay and notify employees of benefits information. This includes communicating plans and programs through organizational announcement materials, summary plan documents (SPDs), newsletters, and other media / communication vehicles. Ensures compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Ensures that benefits information is accurate and timely through the system administration of benefits databases. This includes but is not limited to overseeing and ensuring the effectiveness and accuracy of file feeds, audits, and data management.
- Hires, trains, coaches and manages performance of employees to ensure appropriate coverage and resources are in place for daily benefit and compensation program administration.
- Ensures company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act. Supervises preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Acts as the project manager to lead and direct organizational critical and complex benefits and compensation projects. Ensures that projects remain on track and focused on execution of initiatives.
- Participates in vendor selection for benefit and compensation vendors. Establish and maintain a strong partnership and working relationship with vendors to ensure their level of service is delivered to Republic’s expectations.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience related to benefit plan administration (including health & welfare plans and wellness programs), broad-based compensation or related finance or accounting experience at a progressively responsible level (required).
- HRIS and Payroll system knowledge.
- Benefits certification (such as CEBS, ASPPA or equivalent) or Certified Compensation Professional certification (CCP).
- Experience with collectively bargained benefit plans.
- Experience analyzing and understanding financial and legal regulations, including tax and accounting treatment, SEC regulations and filings, proxy disclosures, FASB, 10k annual report analysis and Internal Revenue Code Section 409A.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).