Leadership Trainee (June 2018 Management Training Program) in ,
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
The Leadership Training Program is a full-time 18-month development program that provides on the job training and formal learning through a structured sequence of tasks designed to expose you to specific roles within the Company. While working through the three units of the program, you will learn the fundamentals of the business; develop your leadership skills in a fast-paced position; and establish close working relationships with executives, managers, employees, and clients. The strong networking and leadership skills developed will enable you to grow your career and ultimately lead our team of dedicated professionals in one of the most stable industries across the country. The Leadership Training Program starts early summer 2018.
- Learn and practice how to develop and lead a team
- Learn and practice how to manage a growing infrastructure
- Transfer or relocate to various locations throughout the U.S. (you will need to be open to relocation)
- Gain high visibility to senior leadership
- Receive continuous mentorship and support
- Follow a clear path to career growth
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits
Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your environment, and your world
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
- Self-motivated and strong desire to advance a career.
- Ability to collaborate with others and potential to lead a diverse team(s).
- Potential to motivate, persuade, and influence others to execute on business priorities.
- Strategic thinker who can respond to continuous changes in the competitive landscape.
- Demonstrates initiative, professionalism, dependability, and trustworthiness.
- Flexible and adaptable to different business environments.
- Ability to organize and analyze information for better decision-making.
- Ability to drive the Republic Way in field operations.
- Ability to manage the deployment of strategic initiatives in field operations.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, and multitasking skills.
- Proven ability to make good decisions in a fast moving environment.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Basic understanding of business finance, controls, and metrics
- Works to develop the leadership characteristics that support the Republic Way.
- Actively champions the Company’s safety and compliance programs.
- Works with other managers to plan and direct the work of the organization.
- Receives instruction in subjects related to the rotational experience.
- Attends training, watches guest speakers, and creates projects and oral presentations.
- Works in different departments to gain perspective, including Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Procurement, Operations, and Human Resources.
- Adheres to the guidelines of the formal written training program.
- Attends periodic evaluations.
- Participates with management in interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
- Uses Company systems to analyze sales, gross profit, and inventory activity.
- Works with management to develop and implement actions that protect Company assets and profitability.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field or MBA
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Continous U.S. Work Authorization
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
- Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.