Republic Services Landfill Lead Hvy Eqp Operator in Alta Loma, Texas
Requisition ID: 28690BR
Job Title: Landfill Lead Hvy Eqp Operator
Division: 5114: Galveston County Landfill
Location: 48203: Alta Loma-3935 Ave A
City: Alta Loma
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The Landfill Lead Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe operation of heavy equipment at landfill for the purpose of transferring, spreading, covering, loading and/or compacting waste or soil in an efficient and safe manner. The Landfill Lead Heavy Equipment Operator is also responsible for the coordination of activities of Equipment Operators.
• Performs pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors and rear view camera are clean. Safely and efficiently operate equipment that may include: forklift, excavator, bulldozer, front-end loader and other equipment using proper safety standards.
• Continuously monitors waste for evidence of unacceptable waste in materials.
• Continuously monitors the condition of the equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean tracks or wheels on equipment, as needed.
• Performs and documents minor service on equipment, referring more complicated mechanical issues to Maintenance Shop for repair.
• Completes Equipment Condition Report and other reports, as necessary; report any necessary repairs to supervisor, as needed.
• Follows and enforces all required safety policies and procedures.
• Ensures that shop is clean, serviced and stored at the completion of each shift.
• Trains or assists in training new employees.
• Studies production schedules and estimates hour requirements for completion of job assignment. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
• Directs employees in completion of work. May interpret instructions, specifications, blueprints or job orders to employees and assign duties.
• Confers with supervisor or manager to coordinate activities of individual departments or shifts.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Mechanical, equipment or trade school certificate or training.
• Prior supervisory or lead experience.
• Minimum of 1 year of prior experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
• Minimum of 2 years of related experience in equipment operation.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.