Republic Services Safety Administrator in Anaheim, California
Requisition ID: 27691BR
Job Title: Safety Administrator
Division: 3885: Anaheim TS/MRF
Location: 06009: Anaheim-1131 N Blue Gum St
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The Safety Compliance Administrator assists Division leaders with the implementation and ongoing maintenance of Republic Services’ administrative safety functions to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations governing the solid waste industry.
• Maintains Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance programs
• Maintains OSHA 300 and 300A log
• Monitors compliance with Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) and Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC).
• Maintains and tracks issues developed through the monthly facility inspection process
• Maintains and tracks issues developed through the fleet inspection process.
• Maintains and tracks Department of Transportation (DOT) accident registers and hours of service logs.
• Tracks Supervisor Employee Observation Program (ReSOP) activities.
• Maintains driver qualification files. Including but not limited to medical certification renewals and annual driver license renewals.
• Maintains employee training files.
• Monitors and facilitates Division employee drug & alcohol testing.
• Maintains the Company’s Dedicated to Safety/Dedicated to Excellence (DTS/DTE) safety recognition programs.
• Maintains SharePoint system.
• May assist with new hire orientation training programs as requested
• Coordinates information with workers comp adjusters, including administration of the return to duty program.
• Coordinates information between AL/GL claim adjusters and Division management on vehicle, equipment and / or property claims.
• Provides management with timely accident/injury trending and other compliance reports as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Experience in a safety related role entailing administrative responsibility.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative role which required maintaining files and records.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Effective interpersonal communication skills across various levels of the organization, external customers, and agencies.
• Ability to write reports and correspondence with minimal direction.
• Intermediate Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills .
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks in a high-volume, fast-paced environment, maintaining attention to detail, while meeting deadlines.
• Strong customer service
• Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other applicable health and safety standards.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.