Republic Services Division Manager Landfill in Beaumont, Texas
Division Manager Landfill
5120: Golden Triangle Landfill
Within a business unit, the Division Manager - Landfill manages the landfill operations to ensure all activities are in compliance with safety, environmental and equipment maintenance policies. The Division Manager – Landfill works closely with the General Manager, Regional Engineer and Environmental Manager to develop fill sequencing plans to ensure density goals are achieved and ensures that the landfill is operated in a manner that is consistent with the conditions stipulated in the applicable permit. The Division Manager – Landfill works with his/her General Manager and other managers in the business unit to execute a local market strategy that complements the business unit’s overall strategic operating and marketing plans and implements tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement. The position oversees all matters related to the landfill operations and oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs and leads all operations to ensure compliance with standards; and drives change management initiatives to introduce and sustain new processes that contribute to the growth and durability of the operations of the division.
• Previous experience in landfill daily operations including, scheduling and planning, waste placement and soil/cover usage/management. • Certification as a Landfill Operator or working toward gaining certification as a Landfill Operator. • Bachelor’s Degree. • Previous experience working at a site regulated by OSHA. • Experience in labor relations.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
48211: Beaumont-6433 Labell
• Manage the landfill operations of within a business unit by overseeing the activities of the Operations Supervisor – Landfill, Lead Operators, Operators and/or General Laborers, who are responsible for the safe and efficient daily operations of the landfill. • Responsible for the management of the staff, including hiring, training, coaching, performance management; develop supervisory goals and objectives; and effective resolution of safety issues and claims. • In conjunction with the General Manager, evaluate the site and service requirements of the landfill to develop an effective and efficient operational plan. • Monitor and ensure compliance with all safety, environmental and equipment maintenance policies; ensure landfill is operated in a manner that is consistent with conditions stipulated in the applicable permit. • Work closely with the General Manager, Regional Engineer and Environmental Manager to develop and maintain fill sequencing plans and ensure density goals are achieved. • Collaborate with the General Manager and Regional Landfill Manager to ensure landfill equipment is properly maintained and new equipment is obtained when necessary. • Drive functional plans within the operations group to execute against the business plan to achieve or exceed the Business Unit’s budget and strategic plan to grow the business, and meet or exceed service objectives. • Lead all matters related to landfill operations to ensure overall operations meet safety, compliance and P & L objectives. • Plan and implement the operational procedures for the receiving and disposing of waste, completion of construction projects and yard maintenance. • Oversee refuse being received; ensure proper handling; supervise and monitor all required testing, including sampling of monitoring wells; monitors utilization of cover material; review soil reports and provide information to Environmental Manager. • Monitor and control all liquid and/or gas extraction systems on or around the landfill site. • Manage relationship with all outside contractors. • Establish productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating standards; and manage labor hours and disposal expenses. • Coordinate with Maintenance Department to ensure all equipment remains in working order and in compliance with safety standards. Oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable action are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and safety program. • Lead operations to ensure compliance with all standards including environmental, operating, regulatory, safety, accounting and ethics. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School Diploma or GED. • Minimum of 2 years of supervisory or management experience or participation in Republic Services’ management trainee program.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to direct large staff. • Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives. • Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills. • Is collaborative; builds and works with teams. • Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions. • Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior. • Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent, with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance teams.
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).