Republic Services Sales Manager in Bettendorf, Iowa
4400: AWS - Bettendorf
The Sales Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the activities of the sales function for an assigned division to effectively execute sales strategies that will maximize sales volume, drive targeted profitable growth and professionally develop the sales staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, management or similarl field.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a role that includes supervising or managing sales personnel and activies.
• Experience developing comprehensive sales strategies, business and sales plans.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
19201: Bettendorf-6449 Valley Dr
• Develop and implement comprehensive business strategies, and sales and marketing plans that complement the overall operating plan for the business unit.
• Develop the sales forecast and maintain accountability for sales goal achievement, including but not limited to respective key metrics and/or budget achievement.
• Direct a staff of sales and administrative personnel, including responsibility for hiring, training and performance coaching and management; complete weekly “ride-alongs” with sales personnel to provide training and coaching.
• Assist with new customer solicitation, bid preparation and customer retention strategies.
• Meet regularly with sales personnel to review sales activity funnel (CRM tool), customer retention and relationship activities, review sales performance compared to goal, production and training needs.
• Proactively contact assigned accounts to identify customer needs, changing requirements or potential issues and resolve accordingly.
• Participate with business unit leadership to develop and implement pricing strategy to meet Company objectives.
• Maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manage customer base.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures to assist sales personnel in particular selling circumstances as the need arises.
• Complete all required sales reports in a thorough and timely fashion.
• Review Customer Service Agreements for terms and conditions pricing, accuracy and other requirements.
• Perform other job-related duties, as required.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a sales role, including experience in peer leadership or supervision of other sales personnel.
• Valid driver’s license.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach and can anticipate the implications of actions.
• Good written and verbal presentation skills.
• Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
• Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
• Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• Ability to foster teamwork and enlist the support and participation of others.
• Demonstrates the ability for innovation and supports organizational change to enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Is responsible for one’s performance and sets clear expectations for the performance of his or her team.