Republic Services Area Manager Sales in Bridgeton, Missouri
Requisition ID: 27516BR
Job Title: Area Manager Sales
Division: 4008: Heartland Area CC
Location: 29201: Bridgeton-12976 St Charles Ro
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the activities of the sales function for an Area to effectively execute sales strategies that will maximize sales volume, and drive targeted profitable growth.
• Develop and oversee the implementation of comprehensive business strategies, and sales and marketing plans that complement the overall operating plan for the Area.
• Develop the sales forecast and ensure achievement of the sales budget for the Area.
• Maintain accountability for sales goal achievement, including but not limited to respective key metrics and/or budget achievement.
• May assist, as necessary, with new customer solicitation, bid preparation and customer retention strategies.
• Meet periodically with sales management or sales personnel to review sales activity funnel (CRM tool), customer retention and relationship activities, review sales performance compared to goal, production and training needs.
• Participate with business unit leadership to develop and implement pricing strategy to meet Company objectives.
• Maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manage customer base.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures to assist sales management in particular selling circumstances as the need arises.
• Review particularly complex Customer Service Agreements for terms and conditions pricing, accuracy, etc.
• Perform other job-related duties, as required.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree highly desirable.
• High School diploma or GED.
• 7 years of progressive experience in a sales management role that includes experience managing other sales personnel, and experience developing comprehensive sales strategies, business and sales plans.
• Valid driver’s license.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach and can anticipate the implications of actions.
• Good written and verbal presentation skills.
• Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
• Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
• Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• Ability to foster teamwork and enlist the support and participation of others.
• Demonstrates the ability for innovation and supports organizational change to enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Is responsible for one’s performance and sets clear expectations for the performance of his or her team.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.