Republic Services Environmental Specialist in Brook, Indiana
4718: Newton Co. L/F
The Environmental Specialist supports the Environmental Manager in the collection and reporting of data and is responsible for the operation of environmental systems in a direct and/or supervisory role. The Environmental Specialist may supervise and interact with field staff on a variety of construction and technical issues across multiple divisions.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Geology, Biology or related science. • Certified Professional Engineer and/or Certified Professional Geologist designation obtained or in progress. • Minimum of 2 years of experience in landfill operations or environmental compliance in air, water, and land.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
18202: Brook-2266 E 500 S
• Collects, reports, and tracks environmental monitoring at relevant locations. May be responsible for completing and maintaining facility operating records. Activities could include conducting storm water compliance inspections, sampling, reporting and training in accordance with the existing facility-specifics Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) and the general provision of the Industrial Storm Water General Permit (ISWGP). • Performs ongoing public relations and due diligence activities through communication with Division and Business Unit management as well as regulatory agency representatives. • In conjunction with the Environmental Manager, performs site audits, completes and analyzes monthly environmental reports and other status reports as well as assisting with completing or managing required environmental sampling and reporting. • Performs and oversees activities related to rolling out and completing necessary projects. • Conducts and supervises landfill monitoring, operation and maintenance of gas extraction or leachate management systems. • Oversees and works with outside vendors handling environmental systems and makes recommendations regarding vendor activities. • Ensures continued compliance by coordinating air and water monitoring, environmental data review and reporting and compliance task tracking. • Conducts and coordinates formal and informal environmental training for Environmental Technicians, Landfill Managers, and other employees. • May assist with project management duties associated with construction projects, including but not limited to, tracking construction progresss and compliance. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School Diploma or GED.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of environmental regulations relating to air, water, solid waste, and material recovery/recycling. • Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner. • Strong written and oral communication skills required. • Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization and with external customers and vendors. • Strong analytical skills and a focus on adding value to the Company. • Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. • Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. • Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotoes the Company’s safety standards; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).