Republic Services Diesel Maintenance Technician Advanced in Cherryvale, Kansas
Requisition ID: 26520BR
Job Title: Diesel Maintenance Technician Advanced
Division: 4392: ADS-Resource Recovery L/F
Location: 20201: Cherryvale-4237 Cty Rd 5300
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Reporting to a Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, the Lead Technician is responsible for providing direction to a group of technicians (mechanics) to ensure that all repairs and maintenance to Republic Services’ equipment are performed in compliance with the Company’s safety and compliance standards, and in compliance with all federal and state regulations. The Lead Technician is responsible for all engine and emission work (diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks), engine chassis work, as well as body control systems, including hydraulic and electrical systems, and heating and air conditioning maintenance and repair. In addition, the Lead Technician is responsible for diagnosing more complicated repair work and providing coaching on diagnostic techniques to subordinate technicians. The Lead Technician will perform external repair inspections to ensure all repair work is done in a safe, compliant manner and will follow up with subordinate technicians where necessary. The Lead Technician may also be responsible for planning and scheduling the repair work for his or her work group to ensure that all repair and maintenance work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing the lost productivity within the shop.
• Provide direction to the A, B and C level technicians assigned to his or her work group to ensure that all repair and maintenance work is performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner. May plan and schedule repair work to minimize lost productivity.
• Perform repair inspections done by a third party vendor to ensure all work has been properly completed in accordance with the Company’s safety and compliance procedures and federal and state regulations; follow up where appropriate.
• Perform repair diagnostics on more complex matters and provide coaching where necessary.
• Maintain advanced knowledge of a vehicle’s engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to perform advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions, on site and on the road, including:
o Advanced engine chassis repair and maintenance;
o Advanced knowledge of vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics and electrical systems to maintain and repair the vehicles in a timely and safe manner;
o Advanced knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems to effectively diagnose and repair complex heating and cooling systems in the vehicles in a timely and safe manner; and
o Knowledge of welding tools to fix heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner to ensure the equipment is back in an operable condition as quickly and as safely as possible.
• Identify the source of the malfunctions using a variety of electronic tools.
• Completion of applicable Company training programs.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D..
• Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification T3 Drive.
• ASE T4 Brake.
• ASE T5 Suspension and Steering.
• ASE T6 Electrical/Electronic.
• ASE T7 HVAC Systems.
• At least one year prior supervisory or lead technician experience.
• Class B Commercial Driver’s License.
• At least 3 years of experience in a role requiring compliance with OSHA Haz Com; OSHA Lock Out Tag Out and all OSHA Fire Protection regulations.
• At least 3 years of experience as an intermediate level technician working on heavy duty Class 8 trucks.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MSExcel and word processing applications.
• Advanced knowledge in air brakes, tires as evidenced by ASE Certification and at least 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy duty Class 8 trucks.
• Advanced training in hydraulics as evidenced by ASE Certification and a minimum of 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy duty Class 8 trucks.
• Advanced electrical training as evidenced by ASE Certification and a minimum of 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy duty Class 8 trucks.
• Advanced suspension, steering and wheel-end components training, as evidenced by ASE Certification and at least 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy duty Class 8 trucks.
• Advanced drive train knowledge as evidenced by ASE Certification and at least 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy duty Class 8 trucks.
• Advanced Root Cause Problem Solving.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.