Republic Services Human Resources Manager in Columbus, Ohio
Requisition ID: 28155BR
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Division: 3681: Columbus Hauling
Location: 39006: Columbus-933 Frank Rd
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
With limited and general direction from an Area Human Resources Manager, the Division Human Resources Manager acts as a business partner with the local management team to effectively manage the human resources function for assigned division(s) while maintaining compliance with industry regulatory agencies and company programs. In addition to administering staffing, training, employee relations, compliance, benefits, and compensation programs at the local level, this role is actively engaged with the implementation of strategic Human Resources initiatives.
• Provides human resources advice and consultation to employees and management, to include coaching and counseling on performance management issues, conflict management, interpretation of employment policies and resolution.
• Implements, disseminates, and monitors company policies, programs and procedures in the areas of training, compensation, compliance, and benefits to attract, retain, and motivate employees.
• Oversees recording and maintenance of employee information, such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, disciplinary actions, and terminations/separations of employment.
• Monitors division compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, unemployment compensation and any other employment-related requirements.
• Coordinates with division operations and corporate/regional/area Human Resources staff regarding all employment activity (i.e., hiring, employee relations, compliance, terminations, etc.) within the division.
• Assists in conducting and resolving investigations regarding employee complaints and concerns.
• Participates in local management staff meetings and assists with and influences personnel related decisions.
• Involved with coaching and counseling managers as it relates to performance management.
• Identifies training needs and/or gaps and develops training programs as appropriate. Also conducts training sessions, including but not limited to, new hire orientation, classroom training and additional leadership sessions.
• Performs or assists with necessary Human Resource related audits for specific locations.
• Implements succession planning and talent management plans to support leadership by identifying current talent and anticipating future needs.
• May oversee and direct the work of the other Human Resources staff or administrative staff members.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
• This position may require travel by air, car and/or other modes of transportation up to 60% of the time.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or closely related field.
• A Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification.
• Masters Degree.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 3 years of directly applicable experience as an HR Generalist or HR Manager who was involved in all aspects of HR.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
• MS Office including Word and Excel.
• Company information systems applications including payroll or applicable HRIS systems.
• Ability to impact and influence all levels of the Company.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.