Republic Services Operations Supervisor - Treatment, Recovery, Disposal in Cotulla, Texas
Requisition ID: 29445BR
Job Title: Operations Supervisor - Treatment, Recovery, Disposal
Division: 6408: Los Angeles
Location: 60008: Cotulla-696 EL JARDIN
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Within a division, the Operations Supervisor – TRD is responsible for supervising a team of Lead Operators, Operators and/or General Laborers who contribute to the efficient operation of the TRD. The Operations Supervisor – TRD also is responsible for ensuring that TRD operating plans are adhered to, production goals are achieved and the TRD is operated in a manner consistent with the stipulated applicable permit. The Operations Supervisor – TRD works with the Operations Manager and General Manager to implement tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement; ensure adherence to all accident prevention programs; and lead operations to ensure compliance with all safety, environmental, operating, regulatory, accounting and ethics standards.
• Understands and provides leadership to achieve and communicate about safety goals and objectives.
• Works to remove unsafe conditions or situations from, or related to, the TRD and other areas of the operational site.
• Partners with the maintenance department to ensure all equipment remains in working order and in compliance with safety standards.
• Oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable actions are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensures a safe and productive work environment for all employees; implements and maintains an effective loss control and safety program.
• Engages assigned employees in active participation to instill a culture of safety by demonstration of a personal commitment to safe operations and active personal outreach to operational employees.
• Provides service to all customers that meets or exceeds customer expectations with regard to the entire customer experience.
• Resolves unusual service requests, equipment breakdowns and schedule changes with timely communications to all stakeholders.
• Interacts with customers to solve and rectify any issues and improve the overall customer experience.
• Serves as a positive representative of the Company to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty to the Company.
• Establishes productivity goals where needed; ensures adherence to operating standards; and manages labor hours and TRD expenses per established and agreed upon plans.
• Executes other operational plans to help achieve or exceed the division’s budgeted goals.
• Understands, supports and executes service delivery while actively supporting maintenance and the operational role in equipment quality and maintenance.
• Creates a collaborative, communicative team environment and drives employee engagement with the Company.
• Builds and develops talent on the team, understands employees’ career goals and provides coaching to get employees ready for advancement within the Company.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 1 year of lead or supervisory experience
• Participation in the Company’s management trainee program.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field.
• Previous experience in the waste services industry.
• Experience in labor relations.
• Certification as may be required by regulation for TRD supervision.
• High School Diploma or GED.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• Ability to direct large staff.
• Process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
• Collaborative; builds and works with teams.
• Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
• Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
• Strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent, with an emphasis on hiring and developing.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.