Republic Services Senior Support Desk Coordinator in Crestwood, Illinois
Requisition ID: 29709BR
Job Title: Senior Support Desk Coordinator
Division: 2023: Information Technology
Location: 17215: Crestwood-13701 S Kostner Ave
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The Senior Support Desk Coordinator provides first and some second level support to clients and assists other Support Desk Coordinators as they provide first level support to Republic Services employees throughout the Company. The Senior Support Desk Coordinator acts as a single point of contact between the caller and other IT resources to close/resolve calls on a first-call basis. The Senior Support Desk Coordinator also documents incoming calls and their resolutions, manages call dispatching and problem resolution, and coaches other support personnel in solving problems they cannot resolve on their own.
• Interprets, analyzes, diagnoses, documents and resolves first and some second level customer service problems related to Republic Services supported hardware, software, LANs and WANs with the objective of closing/resolving calls on a first call basis.
• Solves intermediate to complex questions and problems related to application software, operating systems software, and the LAN/WAN.
• Provides hand-on training and guidance to less experienced personnel. Assists less experienced personnel in developing expertise in the support of Republic applications and technologies.
• Researches support issues when resolutions are not readily attainable by checking available resources including, but not limited to: the incident/problem tracking system, internal websites, software manuals, and other team members.
• Appropriately escalates problems as required and monitors resolution progress until the problem is resolved to the caller’s satisfaction.
• Using the incident/problem tracking system, accurately documents all incoming calls documents all call resolutions.
• Keeps Support Desk team and management apprised of any new support issues in a clear and timely manner.
• Works to consistently improve call handling and resolution processes.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelors degree in IS or IT.
• Appropriate IT related certifications eg. Microsoft, Cisco, Novell.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 4 years end user support experience in a 1000+ decentralized environment.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Experience with supporting and troubleshooting currently available laptop or desktop industry standard operating systems and networks.
• Working knowledge of Republic application software (proprietary and package).
• Experience with incident/problem tracking software.
• Ability to instruct others via on the job training.
• Good organizational skills.
• Superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
• Experience supporting remote control software and handheld/mobile devices.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.