Republic Services Customer Resource Consultant in Fishers, Indiana
Requisition ID: 28513BR
Job Title: Customer Resource Consultant
Division: 4362: Indianapolis Service Center
Location: 18220: Fishers-10194 Crosspoint
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Under general direction from the Customer Resource Supervisor and with in-depth knowledge of the Company’s services and processes, the Customer Resource Consultant works within a Customer Resource Center (CRC) to research and resolve complex customer issues; deliver superior customer service in a prompt, respectful and courteous manner to ensure customer concerns are resolved; and assist potential customers interested in initiating service with Republic Services.
• Provides a second tier of customer support, responding to escalated customer service calls in a timely and accurate manner with a high level of empathy, professionalism and respect,.
• Responds to inbound calls or email requests and initiates outbound calls to resolve complex issues, including escalated customer issues and unresolved customer accounts that require additional research.
• Handles inbound sales inquiries from potential customers inquiring about the Company’s services and prices.
• Configures quotes for new customers and price and service changes for existing customers.
• Serves as a primary resource for others on customer issues, facilitating the timely and accurate exchange of information.
• Effectively responds to customer escalations, including, but not limited to, service changes and issues with billing and equipment.
• Returns all internal/external calls, emails, and faxes in a timely manner, ensuring that customers’ concerns are understood and resolution is clearly explained.
• Logs and records information about customer support interactions by inputting information into Company systems and updating information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Enters service and route data into Company system for billing and route scheduling purposes.
• Exemplifies high levels of quality, productivity and efficiency in a manner consistent with continuous quality improvement.
• Reviews, and may develop, ad hoc reports that address cross-functional business improvement opportunities.
• May assist CRC management with developing action plans to resolve issues and build effective processes.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
• Waste or service industry experience.
• Experience using bilingual skills, particularly Spanish, in a business environment.
• Are you bi-lingual in English and Spanish?
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a customer service or higher volume sales environment.
• Experience responding to inbound sales inquiries, upselling and closing new business opportunities.
• Experience working in a team environment.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong research, investigation and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to demonstrate ownership for issues pertaining to customer service questions, including researching and providing solutions.
• Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to remain focused during situations in which customers may be frustrated.
• Good typing and data entry skills.
• Proficient reading and math skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals.
• Trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• High energy, friendly and engaging.
• Excellent service orientation; actively looks for ways to help people.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.