Republic Services Sr Mgr Area Municipal Services in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Requisition ID: 27932BR
Job Title: Sr Mgr Area Municipal Services
Division: 3640: Mid-Atlantic Area CC
Location: 45008: Fort Mill - 1041 Red Ventures
City: Fort Mill
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Area Municipal Services Senior Manager provides leadership, strategic guidance, support and expertise to Area Presidents and General Managers, and directly supervises Division Municipal Services Managers on a daily basis in the design and implementation of sales strategy for new and re-bid municipal hauling and homeowner association sales opportunities to insure growth, retention, and quality of revenue in the Area. In certain instances, the Area Municipal Services Senior Manager will be also assigned a municipal sales territory to manage on a daily basis for new growth and retention. The Area Municipal Services Senior Manager assists in setting goals and targeted accounts for each Division Municipal Services Manager and measures success against those goals on a regular basis. The Area Municipal Services Senior Manager provides coaching to the Division Municipal Services Manager on an on-going basis and reviews performance with the Regional Director of Municipal Services on regular intervals. The Area Municipal Services Senior Manager is also responsible for coordinating all government relations and municipal sales-related activities within the Area to improve and maintain relationships, as well as organization consistency and comprehensiveness of related policies, programs and systems. The Area Municipal Services Senior Manager develops and achieves high standards through improved training, communication and a cooperative effort. In addition, The Area Municipal Services Senior Manager leads the sales effort for targeted large scale municipal services privatization and outsourcing opportunities in conjunction with the VP-Public Sector Solutions. The Area Municipal Services Senior Manager is also responsible for the implementation of sales strategies for targeted new privatization or outsourced municipal infrastructure sales opportunities.
• Supports Area Presidents and General Managers and is responsible for the preparation and implementation of Area municipal marketing and sales plans including:
o Measuring current market share, identifying the target market and creating strategies to increase market share;
o Assessing the external environment including municipalities, competitors and legislation;
o Coaching and developing the Division Municipal Services Manager, which includes hiring, training, performance management and other related issues.
o Directly responsible for identifying the targeted privatization opportunities while creating strategies to convert prospects into customers.
o Nurturing and expanding relationships with the top 10 accounts in the respective Areas of responsibility.
• Works closely with Area, Region and Corporate leadership to determine strategic objectives for the Area in relation to the municipal and homeowner association markets to include customer retention, customer prospecting and price increase strategies.
• Responsible for assisting in the RFP and Proposal Development to include preparing, assembling, packaging and delivering all proposals.
• Participates as needed in contract negotiations for all new and re-bid sales for the Area. Regularly holds Blue Sheet sessions to effectively manage new sales opportunities and re-bid targets.
• Develops and maintains positive community relations/image through involvement in civic and trade organizations, elected officials and other key contacts.
• Responsible for new sales and retention, analyzing trends and providing effective feedback to Area President and Regional Director Municipal Services & Government Affairs in order to maintain or improve sales performance. Reviews sales activity funnel on an on-going basis with Regional Director Municipal Services & Government Affairs
• Responsible for populating and maintaining the Contact Relationship Management System (CRMS2) on an on-going basis. Reviews CRMS2 compliance with their direct reports to insure the system data is up to date. Uses reports derived from CRMS2 to provide coaching and input to the Division Municipal Services Managers.
• Completes and submits monthly Municipal Scorecard information on wins/losses/retention/extension activity
• Effectively communicates company objectives, goals, plans & relates concerns on legislation and maintains relationships with government officials. Participates in local National Solid Wastes Management Association (NSWMA) and Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) organizations on a regular basis in their assigned territory.
• Creates and maintains effective reporting systems and communication to and with senior management. Safeguards confidential information.
• May seek out and coordinate development of new solid waste infrastructure projects and manages projects through the development cycle and conclusion, working in coordination with Business Development.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
• This position may require travel by air, car and/or other modes of transportation up to 80% of the time.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
• Municipal and/or government sales and marketing or government relation’s experience.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 7 years of long-term cycle sales and/or sales management experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of all facets of sales strategy and implementation including market research, customer prospecting, sales promotion and customer retention strategies.
• Strong knowledge on the workings of government including the legislative process, procurement regulations and bidding procedures.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization and with external customers and vendors.
• Strong analytical skills and a focus on adding value to company.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to train and mentor new sales talent.
• Completion of municipal sales training programs.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information,