Republic Services Supply Chain Analyst in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Requisition ID: 27736BR
Job Title: Supply Chain Analyst
Division: 2000: Republic Services, Inc.
Location: 45008: Fort Mill - 1041 Red Ventures
City: Fort Mill
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
With minimal supervision, the Supply Chain Analyst utilizes creativity, resourcefulness and ingenuity to support the procurement and supply chain function through research, data analysis, process management, limited-scope projects and sourcing activities. This role also provides key assistance and coordination to procurement programs and initiatives as well as supplier management activities.
• Works with internal stakeholders to identify data sources from disparate systems.
• Analyzes and recommends the use of alternative parts, sources or materials to reduce costs
• Obtains data for cost analysis studies respective to assigned commodities and conducts spend analysis as necessary to support sourcing activities.
• Analyzes and evaluates suppliers. Prepares reports and provides analysis to senior procurement leadership and internal stakeholders as appropriate.
• Compiles and analyzes data to determine the feasibility of buying products as well as, establishes price objectives for contract transactions. Provides team and management with insight into competitive pricing as appropriate.
• Establishes and fosters contacts with key suppliers.
• Aligns with sourcing initiatives, leverages internal and external resources to assist with and perform research to develop the supply base. Develops a comprehensive understanding of the supply base.
• Identifies, analyzes and creates opportunities to improve/reduce the supply base. This may include, but is not limited to, the identification of processes and controls to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
• May update database with pricing information to ensure current, complete, and accurate pricing information exists.
• Supports the RFx processes including, but not limited to, proposals, quotations, and information.
• Tabulates data for analysis and prepares reports that effectively communicate findings.
• Performs market and industry trend analysis, evaluates supply sources, and assists stakeholders in identifying solutions to their needs.
• Participates in industry associations and strives to continuously improve procurement performance by utilizing and understanding best practices, lessons learned and industry trends.
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Purchasing/Supply Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance, or Accounting.
• 1-2 years of supply chain experience.
• Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, or Lean Sigma experience.
• Master's in Business Administration.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access and E procurements systems.
• Must be a proven self-starter with a hightened sense of urgency and customer focus.
• Strong analytical skills and a focus on detail, cost drivers and total cost of ownership.
• The ability to identify issues, evaluate various courses of action and promote the best option for resolution.
• Written and oral communication skills to build strong internal and external relationships.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects or tasks.
• Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external customers.
• Proficiency with spreadsheet and database management tools.
• Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of contract language and structure.
• Excellent negotiation and research skills.
• Ability to occasionally travel domestically with little notice for short periods of time.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.