Republic Services Intern - Administrative in Fresno, California
Requisition ID: 27963BR
Job Title: Intern - Administrative
Division: 4917: AWS - Fresno
Location: 06211: Fresno-5501 Golden State Blvd
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Republic Services’ internship program is designed to provide an opportunity to learn about our Company and various aspects of our industry and business. Interns will gain valuable business experience by holding a position within a functional area (department) or a local division (a location) and by executing a project that improves the function/division related to their courses of study or desired career paths. All interns are supported throughout the internship by a mentor/coach who is not the direct supervisor. An experience review takes place for all internships during which the intern presents the outcome of his/her project to leadership. An intern will work in one or more functional or operational areas and will carry out tasks related to the function or operation. For example, interns will be responsible for completing specific tasks such as analyzing functional processes, identifying opportunities for improvement or growth, gathering and analyzing data, investigating and helping to resolve any data discrepancies, and/or preparing communications. Interns also will work on and complete a specific project for local management. Interns will interact with various functional leaders to develop new skills and learn about the solid waste and environmental services industry.
• Perform assigned tasks in various functional areas to learn about our industry and business operations.
• Analyze data and/or potential issues and makes recommendations for potential solutions to management.
• Contribute to departmental goals and identify improvement growth opportunities while participating in activities in functional areas such as Operations, Finance, Accounting, Maintenance, Sales or Administration.
• Perform analysis of data, information and research.
• Identify and communicate potential issues related to assigned work.
• Execute and complete specific tasks and project deliverables identified by functional managers within the timeframe of the internship program. Create documents and correspondence pertaining to project deliverables.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Active pursuit of a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
• Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to write, create and assemble reports and correspondence
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to work with multiple departments to help achieve goals and objectives
• An interest in a career within the waste and environmental services industry
• Ability to accept delegated responsibilities and follow through to completion
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.