Republic Services Route Auditor in Gardena, California
Requisition ID: 27360BR
Job Title: Route Auditor
Division: 3893: American Waste
Location: 06016: Gardena-1449 W Rosecrans Av
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The Route Auditor rides with a driver during his or her scheduled commercial or residential route to identify enhanced operating efficiencies and ensure accurate billing, as well as opportunities for increases in service and potential safety hazards. The Route Auditor will recommend improvements in route scheduling, service capabilities or other changes based on his or her findings to enhance the customer’s experience.
• Ride with assigned driver on designated commercial and/or residential routes to gather data, including but not limited to travel times, disposal volumes, service and collection times, and accuracy of the route sheet in an effort to reduce cost, improve revenue and reduce safety hazards.
• Ensure proper customer billing by checking actual container weight, container size and number of weekly pick ups; inform Sales, Customer Service and/or Accounts Receivable of discrepancies.
• Identify opportunities for additional revenue and inform Sales and/or Customer Service.
• Utilize Route Editor program to identify overlapping routes and recommend improvements to operating efficiency.
• Identify safety hazards associated with the route and recommend changes.
• Recommend container repairs or replacements, as necessary.
• Prepare detailed reports of route audit findings; review all audit data and recommended improvements with General Manager and department managers.
• Enters data into the customer data base regarding route audit findings.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Two years’ experience as a commercial driver or a waste industry helper.
• Experience in a customer-facing position.
• High School Diploma or GED.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.