Republic Services Truck Driver FEL Relief CDL/Gardena in Gardena, California
Truck Driver FEL Relief CDL/Gardena
3893: American Waste
The –Commercial Relief Driver (Helper) rides on the vehicle and assists a Driver in providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal services for commercial customers on a designated route. The Position is responsible for safely loading waste and poly carts, as well as carrying bags and containers to the vehicle for disposal. The Commercial Relief Driver (Helper) assists the Driver in maneuvering his or her vehicle by directing the Driver from the ground. S(he) helps to maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle, as well as the commercial route and work area. In addition, the Commercial Relief Driver (Helper) is required to drive a commercial vehicle on occasion in the absence of a regularly-scheduled driver.
• Two years of prior experience working around heavy commercial trucks. • Class A Commercial Driver’s license.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
06212: Gardena-14905 S San Pedro
• Ride on the vehicle to assist the Driver while servicing commercial customers on a designated route. • Climb on and off vehicle to load refuse, waste and poly carts; lift and carry trash bags and containers to the truck for disposal. • Operate packing mechanism and various levers and handles to activate the lifting and loading mechanism. • Assist Driver is safely operating the vehicle by directing the Driver from the ground. • Clean waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip; spray and clean the hopper and truck. • Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy; report any safety issues on standard reports. • Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner. • Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste. • Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies. • Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are service in a timely and efficient manner. • Follow all required safety policies and procedures. • Drive a commercial vehicle to service customers on a designated route in the absence of a regularly scheduled driver. • Actively participate in the Company’s ReSOP program. • Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s license with air brakes endorsement.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness. • Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise. • Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks. • Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).