Republic Services Recycling Center Maint Tech in Hazelwood, Missouri
Recycling Center Maint Tech
3013: Republic Services Recycling
The Recycling Center Maintenance Technician performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, recycling equipment (sorting screens, optical sorters, magnets, eddy currents, etc), electrical systems, balers, conveyor systems and compactors.
• Mechanical or trade school certificate. • Certificate in electronic diagnostics. • PLC Programming. • Minimum of 1 year experience with building maintenance, HVAC, odor systems and negative pressure systems. • Minimum of 3 years of experience working on equipment in a manufacturing or distribution environment. • Working knowledge of Tier 4 emission systems. • Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
29006: Hazelwood-6025 Byassee Dr
• Diagnoses mechanical problems using charts, diagnositc software, technical manuals and expertise. • Performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, recycling equipment, transmissions, electrical systems, engines, balers, conveyor systems and compactors. • Repairs or replaces parts as directed by a work order system. Completes field service reports in a work order system. • Overhauls or replaces machine compoenents and replace worn items. • Communicates with supervisor and/or equipment operators for clarification of problems. May discuss preventive techniques with equipment users to minimize future repairs. • Independently troubleshoot and maintain complex electromechanical equipment. • Completes daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil usage, and provide information for input in Republic Services Dossier (Fleet Management Software) system. • Perform preventative maintenance according to standard schedules. • May maintain, repair and install plumbing, electrical, HVAC, odor systems, and negative pressure systems • Installs and sets up new equipment and communicate with vendors regarding maintenance schedules. • Reads, troubleshoots and programs simple PLC instructions to enhance plant monitoring and performance as requested by operations staff or to support maintenance objectives. • Follows all safety policies and procedures. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. • Minimum of 1 year of equipment maintenance and repair experience. • Valid drivers license.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications. • Strong Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. • Ability to order equipment and maintain inventory in Republic Services’ data system Dossier. • Advanced Electronic certification or skill.
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).