Republic Services General Manager - Industrial Solutions in Houston, Texas
General Manager - Industrial Solutions
6422: Houston Industrial Solutions
The General Manager is responsible for leading one of the Company’s Business Units, which includes full profit loss responsibility for all facets of the operation. Working in a matrix management environment, the position manages an infrastructure team comprised of division-level managers, including Operations, Fleet Management, Sales, Finance, Human Resources, Safety and Environmental Compliance, and Environmental Engineering, who support the total operation of the Business Unit. The General Manager executes a local market strategy that complements the overall strategic operating and marketing plans and implements tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement. The General Manager manages all matters related to collection, onsite service and/or post-collections (disposal wells, landfills, TRDs, etc.); represents the Company to customers, vendors and other external stakeholders; oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs and leads all operations to ensure compliance with standards; and drives change management initiatives to introduce and sustain new processes and products that contribute to growth and durability of the Business Unit.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
48232: Houston-5301 Brookglen Dr
• Formulates the assigned Business Unit’s strategy, including establishing strategic objectives, priorities, product offering strategies, and go-to-market programs.
• Defines success metrics, executes against the business objectives, and ensures that the Business Unit’s strategy is aligned with the Company’s overall strategy.
• Conducts detailed analyses of potential business connectivity to aid in the formulation of the assigned Business Unit’s strategy.
• Manages and grows a complex set of strategic alliances that complement and enhance the Company’s service offerings.
• Markets the value of business relationships to external partners and internal customers, articulating the benefits of building long-term, win-win strategies and investment into the relationships.
• Works closely with the Company’s product development, marketing, and sales departments to facilitate the planning and execution of joint go-to-market activities and ensures that the products/services are well-aligned with the Company’s core strategy, including driving the definition and establishment of mutual support statements, solutions, product roadmaps, and differentiated innovations.
• Supports the Company’s product development and marketing departments in the creation of content (value propositions, solutions, and marketing messages) aimed at customers that sharpens and crisply communicates the value of using the Company’s service offerings alongside those of our partners.
• Supports the development of a variety of joint marketing programs, including awareness, demand generation, field programs, channel programs, and leverages the partner’s programs to drive the Company’s revenue growth.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. (Required)
• Minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership and management responsibility. (Required)
• Minimum of 3 years of P&L experience. (Required)
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or Business.
• Master’s Degree.
• Previous experience in the environmental services industry.
• Previous employment by a Fortune 500 company.
• Experience in labor relations.
• Minimum of 7 years of progressive leadership and management responsibility.
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).