Republic Services Recycling Maint Supervisor in Huntington Beach, California
Recycling Maint Supervisor
4606: Huntington Beach Post Collect
The Recycling Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising a maintenance shop that is under the umbrella responsibility of an on-site Division or Operations Manager. The Recycling Maintenance Supervisor supervises a technician (mechanic) team responsible for preventive maintenance/repair of fixed and mobile equipment and building and facility maintenance; and plans and schedules repair work for the work group to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity.
• Associate’s Degree. • Bachelor’s Degree • Commercial Driver’s License.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
06023: Huntington Beach-17121 Nichols
• Supervises technicians in maintenance shop; conducts daily debrief meetings; coaches/counsels all technician levels on performance/corrective action, when necessary; makes hiring/termination decisions in concert with Human Resources and appropriate management; conducts employee training and performance evaluations; evaluates and makes recommendations for merit increases, promotions and job changes, as appropriate. • Conducts Quality Control Inspections; tracks issues and issue resolution to ensure all work is properly completed and is in accordance with the Company's safety and compliance procedures and federal and state regulations. • Oversees maintenance shop inventory control system to ensure necessary equipment and parts levels are maintained and purchases are within budget. • Reviews and approves expenses that are within scope of approval level; refers larger expenses or major repairs to manager as appropriate. • Oversees repair diagnostics on more complex matters and provides coaching where necessary. • Maintains advanced knowledge of stationary recycling equipment, engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to manage advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions of heavy equipment and vehicles used by the Company, on site and on the road, including: o Stationary recycling equipment such as: conveyors, screens, reducers, balers, optical sorting units, air drum separators, compactors, magnets, dust collectors, metering bins and pneumatics. o Engine chassis. o Vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems. o Heating and air conditioning systems. o Knowledge of welding tools to fix heavy equipment. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. • Minimum of 3 years of maintenance experience in the recycling, transportation, disposal or related industry. • Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience in a lead technician role, supervisor or other management role requiring a thorough knowledge of safe working practices, DOT, OSHA and other federal and state regulations.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office knowledge. • Ability to engage in root cause problem solving. • Effective communications skills. • Ability to direct staff. • Strong customer service orientation. • Organizational skills. • Ability to collaborate and encourage employee engagement.
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).