Republic Services Area Manager Engineering & Environmental Management in Indianapolis, Indiana
Requisition ID: 28853BR
Job Title: Area Manager Engineering & Environmental Management
Division: 4104: Great Lakes Area CC
Location: 18005: Indianapolis-832 Langsdale AV
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
• Manages construction projects for Landfill cells and sites, including capacity calculations, scheduling/timeline, management of third-party CQA and contractors, and resource and material coordination.
• Prepares Landfill construction and ongoing operational budgets; maintains financial responsibility for construction/cell development, closure/post-closure, engineering, operations, and cost tracking.
• Coordinates completion of permit applications and designs, including regulatory interface, site expansion, modification or changes to the operating plan application, and other related data.
• Acts as the primary contact for technical issues or compliance related questions in the Area.
• Prepares notifications/responses to regulatory inspections and administrative warnings.
• Assists Landfill and Site Managers with development of fill sequencing plans.
• Participate in review of targeted acquisitions, including Phase I assessment/property survey coordination, engineering review of design and operations, and pro-forma modeling assistance.
• Perform ongoing public relations and due diligence activities through communication with corporate office, regulatory agency representatives, third party consultants and investors.
• Attend regulatory and association sponsored informational and policy meetings.
• Ensure continued compliance by coordinating air, water monitoring, environmental data review and reporting.
• Provides interface between Corporate Engineering department, operating divisions/management, and Environmental Managers
• Hires, trains, and manages the Environmental Managers (EMs) in their responsibilities including:
o Cell, closure and site development and other project management (Construction and CQA Contractors)
o Management of municipal contract assets where applicable
o Oversight of landfill gas O&M contractors and developers
o Engineering, permitting and compliance (including capacity calculations, permit modifications and expansions, and site surveying)
o Regulatory monitoring and reporting (including groundwater monitoring, air compliance monitoring, a leachate sampling).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Certified Professional Engineer and/or Certified Professional Geologist designation.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Geology, Biology or related science.
• 4 years of experience in landfill engineering or environmental compliance in air, water, and solid waste.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of environmental regulations relating to air, water, solid waste, and material recovery/recycling.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization and with external customers, vendors and government agency representatives.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong analytical skills and a focus on adding value to the Company.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.