Republic Services Driver Trainee in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
Requisition ID: 27594BR
Job Title: Driver Trainee
Division: 4923: AWS - Inver Grove Heights
Location: 27204: Inver Grove Heights-4325 66Th
City: Inver Grove Heights
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
A Driver Trainee will be trained by Republic Services to obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) to then assume the responsibility of a Driver with our Company. Driver Trainees will complete a comprehensive training program and be given the resources to take the CDL examination. Once the Driver Trainee completes the program and obtains a CDL, he/she will be placed into an open Driver position in one of the Company’s lines of business, including but not limited to, Residential, Commercial, Industrial or Roll-Off.
• Successfully complete Republic Services’ CDL training program, which includes classroom study, on-route training, driving experience, and resources (including the loan of a truck) necessary to take and pass the state CDL examination.
• Complete twelve (12) full months of employment with Republic Services after obtaining a CDL.
• Learn to perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the assigned vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
• Learn to safely operate a heavy or commercial truck along a designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
• Learn to operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
• Learn to identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
• Learn to continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
• Continuously monitor the condition of any assigned vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip.
• Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• After obtaining a CDL, perform all responsibilities of a Driver in one of the Company’s lines of business (i.e., Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Roll-Off).
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• No prohibitions to acquiring a commercial drivers’ license. (Required)
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Current CDL or CDL permit.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.