Republic Services Maintenance Shop Welder in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Maintenance Shop Welder
The Vehicle Welder performs repairs and maintenance on vehicle floors, bodies, packing blades, rails and fabrication.
• Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
• Valid driver’s license.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
26211: Kalamazoo-3432 Gembrit Cir
• Cuts/welds repairs to vehicle floors, bodies, packing blades, rails, fabrication.
• Welds steel and aluminum components using Mig and arc welding equipment.
• Bends steel components using a break ad shear.
• Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch.
• Fabricates steel components on trucks.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures.
• Completes required paperwork.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 1 year welding experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Attention to Detail – Notices the small things that others often overlook. Makes sure that every aspect of the overall task is done correctly.
• Communication – Provides supervisors and co-workers with the information they need to maintain the equipment. Conveys information in a timely and accurate manner in written reports.
• Customer Service – Within reason, does what it takes to meet expectations of internal and external customers. Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner towards customers and co-workers.
• Dependability – Is
someone supervisors and coworkers can count on. Follows through and does what he/she says he/she will do. Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
• Ethics – Adheres to the policies and rules set forth by Republic Services. Does not bend the rules or cut corners. Is trustworthy and honest.
• Learning Ability – Acquires knowledge and skill in mechanical, welding, cutting and fabrication concepts and techniques that are new to him/her. Remembers and applies what he/she has learned.
• Safety Orientation – Follows and promotes Republic Service’s safety rules and procedures. Recognizes hazards and anticipates danger. Does not take inappropriate risks.
• Troubleshooting – Diagnoses existing problems and predicts potential problems in equipment. Determines root causes of mechanical and other operating failures and chooses the best repair option.