Republic Services Container Shop Welder in Kilgore, Texas
Container Shop Welder
4070: AWS - Kilgore
The Container Welder performs repairs and maintenance to roll-off containers. Paints repaired and/or new containers.
• Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification. • Valid driver’s license.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
48242: Kilgore-2611 N Hwy 42 Bldg B
• Performs repairs and maintenance on front and rear load, and roll-off containers. • Welds steel and aluminum components using Mig and arc welding equipment. • Bends steel components using a break and shear. • Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch. • Fabricates steel components on containers. • Installs lids and wheels on containers. • Paints repaired and/or new containers. • Performs on-site repairs at customer locations. • Follows all safety policies and procedures. • Completes required paperwork. • Installs Company and safety decals on containers and roll-off containers. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 1 year welding experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Attention to Detail – Notices the small things that others often overlook. Makes sure that every aspect of the overall task is done correctly. • Communication – Provides supervisors and co-workers with the information they need to maintain the equipment. Conveys information in a timely and accurate manner in written reports. • Customer Service – Within reason, does what it takes to meet expectations of internal and external customers. Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner towards customers and co-workers. • Dependability – Is someone supervisors and coworkers can count on. Follows through and does what he/she says he/she will do. Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule. • Ethics – Adheres to the policies and rules set forth by Republic Services. Does not bend the rules or cut corners. Is trustworthy and honest. • Learning Ability – Acquires knowledge and skill in mechanical, welding, cutting and fabrication concepts and techniques that are new to him/her. Remembers and applies what he/she has learned. • Safety Orientation – Follows and promotes Republic Service’s safety rules and procedures. Recognizes hazards and anticipates danger. Does not take inappropriate risks. • Troubleshooting – Diagnoses existing problems and predicts potential problems in equipment. Determines root causes of mechanical and other operating failures and chooses the best repair option.
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).