Republic Services Account Manager - Commercial/Industrial in Lakeland, Florida
Requisition ID: 26895BR
Job Title: Account Manager - Commercial/Industrial
Division: 3754: Florida Refuse
Location: 12003: Lakeland-3820 Maine Ave
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Account Manager – Commercial/Industrial is responsible for proactively maintaining and retaining relationships with existing customers for permanent commercial and industrial waste services in an assigned territory.
• Effectively maintains and retains existing customers by building effective long-term relationships and customer loyalty.
• Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures, and offers additional services as appropriate to assigned existing customers.
• Schedules and completes proactive customer calls and visits and captures key information in the Company’s information systems.
• Performs contractual re-signs on existing customers to extend customer relationship and increase customer profitability where appropriate.
• Responds to all cancellation requests in alignment with the established escalation policy.
• Proactively communicates with or responds to customers in support of Company pricing initiatives.
• Regularly meets with Sales Manager to review weekly customer retention and relationship activities, progress versus goals and status of key customer relationships.
• Partners with the operations team, when needed, to address customer services issues.
• Builds relationships and increases Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities, trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other similar activities.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field.
• A high school diploma or G.E.D.
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer-facing role identifying and addressing customer needs
• A valid driver’s license is required.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.