Republic Services Heavy Equipment Technician sign on Bonus $3000.00 in Las Vegas, Nevada
Heavy Equipment Technician sign on Bonus $3000.00
3825: Apex (Dumpco) LF
The Technician - Heavy Equipment performs repairs and maintenance on heavy equipment, compact heavy equipment, light service equipment, and light trucks. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, preventative maintenance inspections, hydraulic, fuel, exhaust, brakes, suspension, electrical, HVAC, and emission systems.
• Mechanical Trade School certificate or degree. • Certificate in electrical diagnostics. • High school diploma or G.E.D. • Applicable ASE certifications. • Working knowledge of Tier 4 emission systems. • Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
32003: Las Vegas-13550 N Highway 93
• Maintains advanced knowledge to diagnose and repair mechanical problems on heavy equipment. • Performs repair or preventative maintenance on electrical, diesel and gasoline vehicles, including compactor, excavator, wheel loader, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs and maintenance would include work on engines, transmissions, chassis, drivelines and body components, hydraulic, brake, electrical and suspension systems, wheels, tires and undercarriages. • Reads and interprets equipment condition reports and/or repair orders, communicate with supervisor and/or operator for clarification of defects and discuss preventive techniques with operators to minimize future repairs. • Completes paperwork associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage and accounting for applied times (i.e., work order times compared to time card times). • Completes daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil usage, and provide information for input into Dossier, Republic Services Fleet Management Software system. • Collects and interprets analyses from oil sampling, on-board computer, and fleet management software. • Follows all safety policies and procedures. • Performs overhauls on gas or diesel engines. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position requiring knowledge and application of OSHA Haz Com; OSHA Lock Out Tag Out and all OSHA Fire Protection regulations. • Minimum of 1 year of prior experience as a technician working on heavy equipment, demonstrating the ability to service increasingly more challenging maintenance repairs. • Valid driver license.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications. • Advanced knowledge in air brakes, tires as evidenced by ASE Certification and at least 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment. • Advanced training in hydraulics as evidenced by ASE Certification and a minimum of 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment. • Advanced electrical training as evidenced by ASE Certification and a minimum of 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment. • Advanced suspension, steering and wheel-end components training, as evidenced by ASE Certification and at least 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment. • Advanced drive train knowledge as evidenced by ASE Certification and at least 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment. • During employment, a technician will complete the Republic PM Program and the One Fleet Republic Way program.
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).