Republic Services Credit & Collections Speclst in Lawrenceville, Georgia
Requisition ID: 29678BR
Job Title: Credit & Collections Speclst
Division: 4486: Southeast Area CC
Location: 13205: Lawrenceville-75 Curtis Rd
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
With general direction and working within established guidelines and with predefined limits of approval, the Credit and Collections Specialist performs a wide variety of credit and collections functions and also is responsible for related activities.
• Enters customer service agreements into the Company's data tracking systems.
• Receives and reviews information from credit reports and contacts various credit sources to ensure credit packages or customer credit applications are complete.
• Following standard credit processes and procedures, assesses the risk of offering credit to new and existing customers for multiple divisions, business units or an area. Within a determined threshold, approves credit limits. Makes recommendations to the management team as appropriate for non-standard situations or situations in which request exceeds authority to approve.
• Accepts payment on certain accounts as appropriate and resolves most questions and problems, referring only the most complex to higher levels. Where appropriate performs research to identify misapplied payments and resolve basic and moderately complex issues.
• May retrieve and review billing system reports to identify delinquent accounts.
• Following standard operating procedures, contacts customers via phone or standard letter to bring accounts to a current status.
• Prepares and provides reports reflecting status of credit and collection activity in area of responsibility.
• Documents credit and collections activity for assigned accounts.
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Directly related experience in which individuals have worked with customers in a collections capacity in a service based industry.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of credit and collections transactions and processes.
• Are you bi-lingual in English and Spanish?
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 1 year of data entry experience, including the ability to type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
• Minimum of 1 year of collections, billing, customer service or related experience dealing directly with customers.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Have MS Excel skills at an intermediate level.
• Demonstrated ability to follow standard operating procedures and instructions to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
• The ability to effectively interact and communicate with customers in a professional manner.
• Good math aptitude and the ability to work accurately with numbers are essential.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.