Republic Services Environmental Technician - (Mechanical Skill Set Needed) in Lewisville, Texas
Requisition ID: 27519BR
Job Title: Environmental Technician - (Mechanical Skill Set Needed)
Division: 5109: Lewisville Landfill
Location: 48245: Lewisville-801 E College St
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The Environmental Technician is responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of landfill gas extraction systems, leachate collections systems and other related systems at Republic Services’ landfills. The position is accountable for the ongoing monitoring of such systems, ensuring that all work adheres to safety regulations, as well as federal and state requirements.
• Conducts, or assists with, environmental sampling that may include ground water, surface water, air quality and gas migration.
• Measures and records gas levels in landfill well fields and at probes in the landfill boundary to ensure the ongoing compliance with applicable safety regulations, as well as federal and state requirements.
• Troubleshoots and corrects landfill gas extraction systems when necessary; report more complicated issues to management to ensure timely correction.
• Manages and troubleshoots leachate system to ensure it continues to operate in accordance with safety standards, federal and state regulations.
• Performs landfill surveying activities as required.
• Prepares and submits required reporting data relative to landfill gas extraction, leachate and other related systems.
• Performs all responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring adherence to all safety regulations that govern job performance; ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable federal and state requirements.
• Performs other job-related duties as required.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working with landfill gas extraction and/or leachate systems.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience working at a site regulated by OSHA.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience working with landfill gas extraction and/or leachate systems.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate operating issues to management.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.