Republic Services Payroll Administrator in Marshfield, Massachusetts
Requisition ID: 27461BR
Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Division: 4604: Marshfield
Location: 25216: Marshfield - 965 Plain Street
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
With minimal supervision, this role is responsible for the day-to-day administration and weekly processing of payroll for all assigned business unit(s) within the respective Division.
• Using the on-line payroll time reporting system, batches process time records and prepares payroll adjustments, including but not limited to, overpayments recovery, special requests and payroll expenditure adjustments, process non-scheduled items, fringe benefits and bonus payments. On a weekly basis, reconciles and balances payroll activities.
• Processes hourly, weekly and salary payroll per established guidelines, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local governmental regulations and Company policy.
• Collects and audits time & attendance data.
• Calculates and/or audits driver incentive pay such as pay by yards, homes, zones and day rates.
• Assesses and applies all payroll policies and procedures relative to employee Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and/or union classification.
• Responds to requests for information from unions, tax authorities and other agencies.
• Documents local payroll processes.
• Maintains payroll records in accordance with Payroll Record Retention Policy.
• Provides oversight, training and support for payroll processors in the Area/Division.
• Provides customer support.
• Acts as liaison between the Corporate Payroll Department and field payroll processors.
• Requests manual checks.
• Works with Kronos Support team to ensure daily rules are accurate.
• Monitors time and attendance system to ensure supervisors approve records on a timely basis.
• Ensures that all payroll transactions have appropriate approval per Level of Authority Policy.
• Ensures that employees have certified the accuracy of their time records and maintain records of same.
• Forwards garnishment wage orders to the Corporate Payroll Department on a timely basis.
• Investigates and resolves payroll discrepancies.
• Enters direct deposit requests and resolves rejects.
• Maintains up-to-date paid time off accruals for employees.
• Reconciles deductions such as union dues, union pensions and charitable contributions.
• Assists Division and/or Area Controllers with payroll general/ledger information.
• Performs additional duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation.
• Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC).
• College level accounting courses.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 3 years of payroll experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of payroll function and payroll law.
• Solid knowledge of the regular rate of pay calculation under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
• Familiarity with basic federal, state and applicable local tax calculations.
• Ability to calculate gross-ups and imputed income.
• Ability to calculate a pay check from gross to net.
• Must have the ability to learn field payroll and division’s payroll, attendance, and compensation concepts, practices, and procedures and execute appropriately.
• Ability to process multi state payroll.
• Ability to process high volume (1000+ employees).
• Ability to transfer employees between multiple Federal Employee Identification Numbers (FEINS).
• Ability to communicate and meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Intermediate Excel and Word skills.
• Basic public speaking skills as required to conduct payroll training.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.