Republic Services Maintenance Shop Laborer in Mcalester, Oklahoma
Maintenance Shop Laborer
4375: AWS - Alderson
A General Laborer is responsible for safely and efficiently performing general labor duties at a hauling company, transfer station, materials recycling facility (MRF) or landfill. Responsibilities may include such things as yard clean-up, fueling vehicles and equipment, general vehicle operation, general office maintenance and other related duties.
• High School Diploma or GED. • Valid driver’s license.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
40203: Mcalester-5049 E. US Hwy 270
• Safely and efficiently perform assigned responsibilities to include such duties as: o Clean up work areas; o Fuel vehicles and equipment; o Clean track on track type and related equipment; o Perform yard work, including mowing and paper pick up; o Operate general site vehicles and equipment, such as water trucks, pick up trucks, sweepers, mowers, trimming equipment, etc.; o Perform general office maintenance and repairs, including painting and janitorial work; o Install temporary wind fences, as required; o Direct traffic at the site as necessary; and • Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise. • Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules that are set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness. • Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).