Republic Services CDL Driver - Driver Trainee in N Charleston, South Carolina
CDL Driver - Driver Trainee
A Driver Trainee will be trained by Republic Services to obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) to then assume the responsibility of a Driver with our Company. Driver Trainees will complete a comprehensive training program and be given the resources to take the CDL examination. Once the Driver Trainee completes the program and obtains a CDL, he/she will be placed into an open Driver position in one of the Company’s lines of business, including but not limited to, Residential, Commercial, Industrial or Roll-Off.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
45001: N Charleston-141 Fennell Rd
• Successfully complete Republic Services’ CDL training program, which includes classroom study, on-route training, driving experience, and resources (including the loan of a truck) necessary to take and pass the state CDL examination. • Complete twelve (12) full months of employment with Republic Services after obtaining a CDL. • Learn to perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the assigned vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports. • Learn to safely operate a heavy or commercial truck along a designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor. • Learn to operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility. • Learn to identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable departmental procedures. • Learn to continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste. • Continuously monitor the condition of any assigned vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip. • Follow all required safety policies and procedures. • After obtaining a CDL, perform all responsibilities of a Driver in one of the Company’s lines of business (i.e., Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Roll-Off). • Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• No prohibitions to acquiring a commercial drivers’ license. (Required) • High School diploma or G.E.D. • Current CDL or CDL permit.
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).