Republic Services Division Accountant in Odessa, Texas
With general direction, utilizing an understanding of accounting principles, the Division Accountant performs accounting activities to record, analyze and monitor financial information. The Division Accountant prepares financial reports in a manner that ensures accuracy and compliance with company accounting policies. The Division Accountant may act as a resource for accounting and general administrative staff and is responsible for a broad array of accounting duties.
• Accounting experience. • MBA and/or CPA designation.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
60006: Odessa-3001 S F M 866
• Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries and document business transactions. Prepares monthly and quarterly operational performance reports. In doing so, utilizes discretion and judgment as to matters of significance. • Assists the Area Controller in ensuring there are proper internal controls in place including compliance with company policies and procedures, Sarbanes Oxley and all other statutory requirements. In doing so, utilizes discretion and judgment as to matters of significance. • Reconciles balance sheet accounts and statistical data and fully analyses financial statements in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP) and Company policy. • May assist the Area Controller in the management of accounting personnel. May provide direction to the different accounting functional areas (invoice processing, billing, cash receipts, work order processing, credit analysis, receivable collections, month-end close, journal entries, statistical data, and payroll). • Supports the Area Controller during the annual budget and interim forecasting process and assists with analytical review. • Supports the accounting aspects of capital expenditures, transfers and retirements. • Assists with periodic financial audits including internal audits, external audits and peer reviews. • Provides support and responds to information requests from corporate (accounting, tax, treasury, IT, HR, sales, environmental compliance, legal, etc.) as well as region and area field financial management as required. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related field of study.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP). • Have MS Excel skills at an intermediate level. • Must be able to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully and fully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures. • Effective and professional interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization and with external customers and vendors. • Strong analytical skills. • Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. • Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal supervision. • Strong organizational skills and ability to work in high-volume, fast-paced environment. • Ability to work effectively, cooperatively and efficiently within a team environment. • Experience with general ledger software and other programs consistently used in industry. • Experience with Lawson accounting software and other programs consistently used in industry.
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).