Republic Services TRD - Wash Bay Technician in Odessa, Texas
Requisition ID: 27425BR
Job Title: TRD - Wash Bay Technician
Division: 6406: Odessa
Location: 60006: Odessa-3001 S F M 866
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The TRD – Wash Bay Technician performs repairs and maintenance on the facility and its equipment, including tanks, boxes, pumps and trucks, in a safe and efficient manner.
• Unloads various vessels containing non-hazardous oilfield waste, including tanks, trucks and boxes.
• Communicates with the supervisor and/or manager about any supplies needed or unsafe working conditions.
• Understands all piping, valves and flow through wash bay area.
• Operates bobcat skid loader, various pumps and pressure washers needed to clean and maintain facilities and containers such as tanks, boxes and trucks.
• Operates and manipulates water pumps as needed.
• Performs routine service and cleaning of yard equipment, pumps and facilities, as directed by the supervisor or manager.
• Participates in emergency drills that may require evacuation of the facility.
• Participates in safety meetings.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of two years of related work experience.
• General knowledge of safe oil and gas field service operations.
• High school diploma or GED.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to be on-call as needed.
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• Ability to perform simple mathematic calculations.
• Good mechanical aptitude.
• Solid writing skills.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.