Republic Services Spotter in Oregon City, Oregon
Requisition ID: 26841BR
Job Title: Spotter
Division: 4417: Portland South T/S
Location: 41210: Oregon City-2001 Washington S
City: Oregon City
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The Spotter is responsible for safely and efficiently directing the vehicle drivers to the proper areas, based on site fill plan, of the landfill, transfer station or materials recycling facility (MRF), ensuring that publicly-posted safety rules are followed. The position inspects incoming loads for unacceptable waste, removing such items before disposal at the site. The Spotter may also perform general laborer duties, including site clean-up, yard work and building maintenance, as necessary.
• Follow all Company safety policies and procedures, including the proper manner in which to approach oncoming vehicles; make eye contact with drivers to ensure signals are understood; maintain use of personal protective equipment at all times.
• Enforce publicly-posted safety rules and unposted safety standards at all times.
• Direct vehicles to the proper area of the facility based on the site fill plan; direct trucks in and out of the site in inclement weather.
• Inspect incoming loads for unacceptable waste; remove unsegregated items, including tires, batteries and other unacceptable materials prior to disposal at the site.
• Communicate with equipment operators regarding incoming loads of special waste or other loads that require special attention.
• Follow guidelines and procedures for completing daily closing tasks.
• May perform general labor duties on an as-needed basis, including site clean-up, yard work and building maintenance.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• One year of previous experience working around heavy machinery.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules that are set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.