Republic Services Gate Attendant/Scale Operator in Pecos, Texas
Gate Attendant/Scale Operator
6418: Reeves Cty LF & TRD/ Pecos TRD
A Gate Attendant/Scale Operator is responsible for accurately and efficiently monitoring and recording waste volumes entering the post collection site, as well as collecting appropriate usage fees from customers.
• Experience in a previous position that required the handling of cash and balancing cash and/or receipts. • Experience in an environment outside the home with computers and various software programs.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
60030: Pecos-291 Ranch Road 1934 FM
• Determine content of material entering facility to properly bill the customer. • Accept or reject waste load based on content; suggest alternatives based on special waste, type of waste and/or local market training. • Receive payment from customers; provide receipt to customers. • Balance the daily receipts to ensure accurate recordkeeping and appropriate billing; deposit daily receipts into the safe depository. • Document the waste entering the facility, utilizing truck scales and computer systems; track total amount of waste entering the facility. • Notify operations of special waste or other incoming special loads; direct or dispatch as necessary; process required paperwork and perform other required duties, as necessary to process special loads. • Answer the telephone and provide general information to callers. • Maintain the cleanliness of the work area. • Perform other job-related duties, as assigned. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School Diploma.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner towards customers and co-workers. • Ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise. • Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules that are set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness. • Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).