Republic Services Plant Mechanic Operator in Petaluma, California
Requisition ID: 27720BR
Job Title: Plant Mechanic Operator
Division: 3871: Sonoma LF
Location: 06237: Petaluma-500 Meacham Rd
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The Plant Mechanic/Operator is responsible for performing necessary preventive maintenance and mechanics on plant equipment that will provide the best possible useful life while minimizing lost revenue from plant downtime. Maintenance will include, but is not limited to, valve adjustments, carburetor adjustments and water pump rebuilds.
• Maintains and monitors operation of power plant.
• Monitors, schedules and performs routine preventive and predictive maintenance on plant equipment.
• Maintains a log of occurrences related to the operation of the plant.
• Completes maintenance records, system shut down reports, monthly output reports and other reports as necessary.
• Assists Operations Manager and Maintenance Manager with design, construction and operation of power plant facilities.
• Reviews SOS and any actions related to the scheduled oil sampling program
• Performs weekly monitoring of gas well field to identify any issue that may be affecting plant operation.
• Monitors and reports on quality of workmanship and integrity of work related to the power plant and equipment performed by outside vendors.
• Available to be on call for any plant repair emergencies.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of two years of work related mechanical experience or equivalent training with Waukesha Engines.
• Minimum of two years of experience, or equivalent training, in power plant operations.
• Experience with maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing gas/CNG powered engines.
• Gas well field monitoring experience.
• Experience with maintenance practices associated with engines and generators.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules and to promote safety standards.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information,